Saturday, June 27, 2009

Electricity Problem

Well my house has turned -officially- into a furnace and with the airconditioning strictly limited to the non-TV viewable areas (cause the DTH wire does not extend to these rooms :(), so have shifted the TV to my room. While I may not be able to see much of cable television...well honestly the only channel that I miss is the Discovery Travel & Living...(oh how I love this channel and its capability to transport you to wherever their intrepid reporters are! But well more on this later in another post)...coming back so what does one do with a TV but no cable? And to keep in mind that I am not one of those people who go WOW when they read about a resort where no TV is available (my reaction is absolutely the opposite...)
- Watch new and all your stacked up movies...While I enjoy a new movie as much as the next guy, but what I esp like is to watch a movie from the DVD collection (an evergrowing one!!!) at home...I think besides the fact that you obviously like the movies (which is why you bought them!) and remember the dialogues by heart that you can almost do a dialogue-karaoke while the movie is running (and with music subtitles, you can actually do songs too:)), it's just plain fun and their ability to remind you of what was happening (at the exact moment or around the time?) makes the movie viewing that worthwhile...so in fact just like photographs they are a peep into your past...What do you think?

Anyway what I have been watching this week - Something's Gotta Give (watching it right now...), my wedding videos, Mamma Mia (oh how I fall in love with ABBA again and again after seeing this movie - of course not to mention the men - the older ones that is - are just so dishy...and to add to their celluloid wow qualities, they can sing too...

No comments: