Monday, July 20, 2009

What did I learn from Happy Gilmore?

I watched Happy Gilmore on TV over the weekend...although I have seen the movie many times before and found it to be one of the staple formats which comes from Adam Sandler...the poor underachiever who realizes what he is made of by the end of the movie...normally accompanied by same actors in most of his movies...Honestly the only movie that I think is worth a repeat watch is 'The Wedding Singer' and '50 First Dates'. The remaining can be clearly relegated to days when there is absolutely nothing else to watch...

However coming back to 'Happy Gilmore', I realized the movie did have something interesting to say and it is summed up in one simple question - "What is your Happy Place?"

I thought to myself - how simple an answer it will be...and that's where it started to get complicated...My happy place or rather places became a jumble of lush, green fields with a quiet, peaceful river/lake flowing by, people that I wished I could meet, books that I so had my eye on but such a lack of time...Phew! it did get tiresome after a while...

And that is when it struck me - do we know what is our Happy Place?

No comments: